Halloween-Themed Cocktail Reception
Are you worried about missing out on all the great Halloween parties while you’re at the Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference? Do not fear! You’ve been invited to our Halloween-Themed Cocktail Reception, and it’s primed to be a bewitchingly-good time!
How does a book lover get into the true spirit of All Hallow’s Eve? By dressing up as their favorite literary character! And we’re not just talking about the cliché hipster glasses, striped tee-shirt and Waldo nametag (but if that’s your plan, we’ll definitely still be impressed). There are countless ways you can use your imagination to create a standout character-inspired costume.
Cruise through our favorite lists of literary costume inspirations, and have fun adding your personal spin on your look. Plus, take a look at some of the costumes that have appeared at #NWC16 and #NWC17!
- 49 Halloween Costumes All Book Lovers Will Appreciate
- Pinterest Literary Costumes
- 19 of the Best Literary Halloween Costumes for Book Lovers
We’ll be giving away some frightfully-fantastic prizes to the best-dressed bibliophiles, so don’t be afraid to go all out. This year’s prizes include:
- 100 Pages of a Manuscript Critique ($300 value)
- $100 towards a Writer’s Digest University course
- $50 Gift Card to the Writer’s Digest Shop
Snap photos of your costume and post them with our #NWC18 hashtag so everyone can see your ensemble!