How to Finish Your Novel When the Whole World Is Falling Apart
If the last year has taught us anything, it’s that some circumstances can derail even the best-laid plans. This workshop is for anyone who’s struggling to find the time, confidence, or creative energy to finish their novel.
In the beginning of 2020, I signed two separate publishing contracts and developed a strict schedule to help me hit my two separate deadlines. Then the pandemic hit, rendering my schedule completely worthless. However, despite the chaos of quarantine, homeschooling, and sky-high anxiety, I still managed to write and revise two novels and begin drafting a third. The experience taught me a lot about how to manage my time, my emotions, and my creativity, and I’d like to share this knowledge with conference attendees.
Whether you had a perfect plan that fell apart or you simply can’t find the time to get the words down on the page, this workshop will provide tips to help you prioritize your writing and finally finish your novel.
- Identifying the specific obstacles and stumbling blocks that are preventing you from completing your novel.
- Tips and tools to help you eliminate distractions, organize your work-in-progress, and make the most of your free writing time.
- Understanding the root cause of writer’s block and learning strategies to overcome it.
- Breaking the cycle of negative self-talk, external validation, and comparison so you can concentrate on telling your own story.
- How to avoid burnout and how to recover from it once you’re already there.
Attendees will emerge with an action plan for finishing their novel, complete with goals, a to-do list, and helpful books and resources.