The Nitty Gritty on Giving a Book Talk for Your Novel
This session takes a deep dive into the nuts and bolts of giving a successful book talk.
- Your talk: Engaging with a soft sell; it’s about you, what inspired you, the nonfiction hook for your fiction… and the boo.
- Getting invited to speak: Pitching to libraries, bookstores, book groups.
- Teaming up: With other writers, groups
- Your PR kit: Your website, your bookmarks or business cards
- Promoting your events: Social media, press releases to local media, newsletter
- Selling your books: Teaming up with a bookseller or doing it yourself (stocking, schlepping, pricing, setting up, taking cash/credit cards)
- Signing: Your catch phrase Seeding your mailing list
- Take-aways: Leaving them with something to remember you by